FC Bayern Munich football club suffer shock defeat leaving the DFB-Pokal open to Borussia Dortmund, Bayer Leverkusen and other football teams with the chance to win silverware!
The DFB-Pokal 20/21 Second Round has recently taken place as football teams across Germany compete to win one of the biggest football tournaments in the country. There have already been some great opportunities to bet on the action with EagleBet sportsbook, although many would have not been able to predict or foresee some of the results to have featured.
Bayern Munich Cause Biggest DFB-Pokal Second Round Shock
Indeed, Football Club Bayern Munich produced the shock of the DFB Pokal 20/21 so far when they were unceremoniously dumped out of the DFB Pokal 20/21 tournament by Holstein Kiel on penalties after a 2-2 draw in regulation time. Hans-Dieter Flick’s side were strong favourites to win the tournament outright, however, their elimination has left the door open for many other sides to finally get the DFB-Pokal trophy.
German Football Cup Second Round Results
Full scores list of the DFB-Pokal 20/21 Results:
- SSV Ulm 1846 1-3 Schalke 04
- 1. FC Köln 1-0 VfL Osnabrück
- FC Augsburg 0-3 RB Leipzig
- TSG Hoffenheim 2-2 SpVgg Greuther Fürth (Penalty win for SpVgg Greuther Fürth)
- Eintracht Braunschweig 0-2 Borussia Dortmund
- SV Elversberg 0-5 Borussia Mönchengladbach
- SC Dynamo Dresden 0-3 SV Darmstadt 1898
- Union Berlin 2-3 SC Paderborn
- Rot-Weiss Essen 3-2 Fortuna Düsseldorf
- VfL Wolfsburg 4-0 SV Sandhausen
- SV Wehen Wiesbaden 0-0 SSV Jahn Regensburg (Penalty win for SSV Jahn Regensburg)
- VfB Stuttgart 1-0 SC Freiburg
- Hannover 96 0-3 Werder Bremen
- FSV Mainz 2-2 VfL Bochum (Penalty win for VfL Bochum)
- Bayer Leverkusen 4-1 Eintracht Frankfurt
- Holstein Kiel 2-2 Bayern Munich (Penalty win for Holstein Kiel)
Although Bayern Munich’s football team defeat will have come as the biggest shock from the DFB-Pokal Second Round, TSG Hoffenheim’s own penalty shoot-out defeat to SpVgg Greuther Fürth is also worthy of being considered a huge shock and not one that many using EagleBet would have predicted for this DFB-Pokal 20/21.
DFB-Pokal German Football Cup Round of 16 Schedule
The DFB-Pokal Round of 16 in this German football cup will be missing some big names, but that will mean there are plenty of opportunities for other clubs to get their name on this season’s German football cup.
These will be the following football matches:
- VfL Wolfsburg vs Schalke 04
- SSV John Regensburg vs 1. FC Köln
- VfB Stuttgart vs Borussia Mönchengladbach
- Werder Bremen vs SpVgg Greuther Fürth
- RB Leipzig vs VfL Bochum
- Borussia Dortmund vs SC Paderborn
- Rot-Weiss Essen vs Bayer Leverkusen
- Holstein Kiel vs SV Darmstadt 1898
Predictions For The DFB-Pokal Round Of 16 Football Matches
When taking a look at the EagleBet football odds offered on the DFB-Pokal for the most updated outright winners market, it should be no surprise that Borussia Dortmund edges out as slight favourites over RB Leipzig football team. Following those two are Bayer Leverkusen’s football team whilst the gap between them and Borussia Mönchengladbach is rather long in this year DFB-Pokal.
Indeed, BVB should progress in the German football Cup DFB-Pokal to the Quarter-finals, as should RB Leipzig and Bayer Leverkusen. However, the contest between Borussia Mönchengladbach and VfB Stuttgart could go either way, as could the match between VfL Wolfsburg and Schalke 04.
DFB-Pokal Round of 16 Predictions
These are some of the German football cup scores that we predict:
- VfL Wolfsburg 2-1 Schalke 04
- VfB Stuttgart 1-2 Borussia Mönchengladbach
- RB Leipzig 3-0 VfL Bochum
- Borussia Dortmund 3-0 SC Paderborn
- Rot-Weiss Essen 0-2 Bayer Leverkusen
Head over to EagleBet if you want to get involved with DFB-Pokal betting and think you can pick the outright winner of the German football cup!